I once worked with a woman who told me that she hated water & hardly ever had any. At first I thought she was joking but she wasn’t. The only times I ever saw her drink water was when she had a headache tablet. Tried to tell her the headaches were probably because she didn’t drink a lot of water. She told me I’m not a doctor (much to my father’s disappointment) and told me (again) that she hates water.
Do you hate water? Please don’t. It is good for you. I never paid attention in Biology class but I remember Ms Teddar (Biology teacher) saying “water makes up more than half of your body weight” or something like that. Sounds pretty important.
If you’re trying to drink more water but you’re so used to drinking fruit juice or flavoured water, worry not. The hipsters and wellness types call it “infused water”. I refuse to call it that. Feel free to suggest a less smarmy name.
- Cucumber and Mint in water is BOMB!! Fire. Flames nje. I’m actually drinking cucumber and mint water right now. Try it.
- Lemon (just don’t drink too much lemon water coz the experts are saying lemon may erode tooth enamel and cause heartburn)
Ways to drink more water:
- Drink a cup/glass of water as soon as you wake up.
- Another before you leave the house
- Get a water bottle and keep it at your desk
- Set an reminder on your phone (for every 2 hours) to drink water
- Drink water after every meal
- Have a glass/cup of water as soon as you get home.
- DON’T DRINK WATER before bed unless you enjoy waking up in the middle of the night like the parent of a newborn. Seriously. Don’t do it 🙂
Make your mom proud & rinse the fruit/vegetable before you put it in your water. You can even remove the skin/rind if you want.