Lunch Fairy Does Breakfast: Granola
You can make your own granola and it won’t cost you an arm and a leg and you will love it. LOVE! Traditional granola is oats, nuts and honey. That’s fine but not terribly exciting or filling.
- Ginger (grated)
- Seeds (sunflower & pumpkin)
- *Coconut oil (melted)
Yes. Lentils. The lentils make the granola more filling + protein (hoorraaaah for Vegans he he he). This works because lentils are not expensive… And I had a whole lot of left over red lentils but sshhhh.
- Boil lentils for 5 minutes (don’t let them get mushy & gross)
- Once cooked, mix lentils with other ingredients (except honey) in a bowl.
- Put mixture on baking paper & drizzle (a little) honey over it
- Leave in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes (at 180 degrees)
- Let your granola cool. Some of it may be stuck together (thanks to honey).
You’ll notice my granola has nuts in it. I had some so I decided to use them before they go “stale”. This granola does not need nuts (they can be crazy expensive) but you can add them if you want.
I didn’t add quantities because that’s how I cook. Use your discretion. I trust you 🙂
I’ve made this jazzed up Granola. Now what?
You can have the granola (for breakfast) with the following:
- Milk (the real kind & other fake types)
- If you need a bit of “sweetness” you can add raisins, dried cranberries, apples or rawnola (see pic below)
Try it. Don’t be put off by the lentils. Please let me know what you think of this “jazzed up” granola 🙂